ICE BOX LIQUOR REWARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions form the basis of the Ice Box Liquor Rewards Program (“Rewards Program”).
All Members are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, “IBL” means Ice Box Liquor Pty Ltd ABN: 48 105 982 438 or its representatives. It includes Ice Box Liquor outlets, and George’s Cellar “GC” outlets.
In these Terms and Conditions “Ice Box Liquor Rewards Program” or “Rewards Program” or “George’s Cellar Rewards Program” means those arrangements by which a member collects Rewards Points by purchasing qualifying goods and thereby qualifies for awards under these Terms and Conditions.
- Only individuals or corporate customers, approved at the discretion of IBL may be members of the Rewards Program. Membership is free.
- A person who is invited to become a member can apply in the ways provided from time to time, by IBL. IBL may accept or reject any application for membership, in its absolute discretion.
- On acceptance by IBL, an applicant will be bound by these Terms and Conditions, as varied from time to time, and will be issued with a membership number and a membership card.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to all Rewards Program transactions, whether before or after these Terms and Conditions become binding.
- Rewards Points will not be credited until these Terms and Conditions have become binding.
- Rewards Program member cards are issued on the basis of one card per membership.
- Rewards Program membership will become effective when the membership card is activated by or on behalf of IBL.
- A member must notify IBL of any change of name, physical or email address, or other details as soon as possible after the change, by calling IBL or notifying a staff member in-store. The member must provide their membership number and any requested security information when they make these changes. IBL does not accept any responsibility for any failure of a member to notify it correctly of any such changes. A member must notify IBL immediately of a lost or stolen membership card. IBL is not liable for any delay in replacing a membership card or for any unauthorised use of a membership card.
- IBL may terminate a membership in the Rewards Program without notice for any reason including, without limitation, if the member:
- Fails to comply with these membership Terms and Conditions.
- Abuses any privilege accorded to the member under the Rewards Program
- Supplies any misleading information or makes any misrepresentations to IBL in connection with the Rewards Program; or
- if the member does not use their membership card for a continuous period of 12 months or dies or becomes bankrupt. After twelve months such contact details will be deleted from the Rewards Program database and the member’s point balance cancelled.
- A member may terminate their membership in the Rewards Program at any time by giving written notice to IBL. Upon receipt of such notice the members contact details will be noted on the Rewards Program database as closed. After twelve months such contact details will be deleted from the Rewards Program database and the member’s point balance cancelled.
- Membership cards are not credit or charge cards, are not transferable, and remain the property of IBL. The membership card must be returned to IBL on demand.
- Any tax, liability, or duty arising from a member’s participation in the Rewards Program is the responsibility of the member.
- Member’s agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and give the consents outlined in clause 6.3 when they apply for membership, when they use their membership card, or their membership number, or when they earn or redeem any Rewards Points. Rewards Points will only be credited to the member and may only be redeemed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If a membership card is lost or stolen, or if the membership card or number is used without the member’s authority, the member must notify IBL as soon as possible, as the member is liable for all use of their membership card or membership number until they notify IBL of the loss, theft or unauthorised use.
3. Rewards Points
- IBL will terminate all Rewards Points for all members at the 30th June every year. IBL will attempt to notify members of the cancelling of these points but shall not be liable in any way if the member fails to redeem the points before the 30th June of the current year.
- Rewards Points will be credited to a member’s account for purchases by the member of qualifying goods from IBL. Rewards Points may also be credited to a member’s account for promotional and incentive programs offered by IBL from time to time.
- In order to obtain Rewards Points, a member must quote their name and membership number or present their membership card before the conclusion of a purchase transaction.
- When making a Rewards Program qualifying purchase the member will earn Rewards Points as follows:
- Beer purchase: 5 Rewards Points per $1.00 spent
- Spirits or Non-liquor purchase: 10 Rewards Points per $1.00 spent
- Cask; Cider; Fortified; or Ready-to-Drink purchase: 15 Rewards Points per $1.00 spent
- Wine purchase: 25 Rewards Points per $1.00 spent
- 1,000 Rewards Points equals $1.00. Bonus points may apply from time to time.
- Rewards Points cannot be earned on purchases of cigarettes, tobacco or related products.
- Rewards Points and the rights they confer cannot be sold, transferred, converted to cash, assigned or otherwise dealt with except in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- In order to redeem Rewards Points, a member must notify IBL before the transaction concludes that the member wishes to use their Rewards Points as payment and must quote their name and membership number or present their membership card at the point of sale. IBL may also request proof of identification.
- In addition to deductions for awards claimed, IBL will deduct from the Rewards Points balance in a member’s account, any Rewards Points credited in error and any Rewards Points relating to a transaction which is cancelled or reversed or where a refund is given.
- This applies to all personal information of Rewards Program Members held in the IBL database. We respect the privacy of member’s personal information in our care and will collect personal information in a fair and lawful manner.
- The IBL database may comprise any of the following personal information: name; date of birth; address; telephone number(s); electronic addresses; transaction details associated with the earning of Rewards Program Points and awards provided.
- By applying for membership to the Rewards Program, and providing IBL with their email address and/or mobile telephone number, an individual:
- Consents to IBL sending them commercial electronic messages as defined in laws in force from time to time, relating to the transmission of commercial messages by any electronics means. IBL will give the member the option of not receiving further communications of this nature.
- Consents and authorises IBL to obtain, use, disclose and retain the information on their application form and other information IBL obtains from time to time, in relation to the member or their membership, and to disclose such information to third parties for the purposes of:
- IBL or such third parties providing products or services, including the awarding of Rewards Points to the member;
- Research, marketing, product development, promotional activities and strategic planning by IBL or third parties;
- IBL’s providing services to its member or associates stores and outlets or to any third party
d. For the purposes of improving products and services available to individuals from stores and outlets operating under the IBL banner, and to provide individuals with information about those products and services, a member agrees that IBL may collect and combine personal information about them from all available sources and disclose and share that information with third parties.
e. IBL will not use or disclose or permit the use or disclosure of personal information that could be used to identify an individual member in any circumstances except: to ensure the proper functioning of the Rewards Program in relation to the member in question; when IBL is required or authorised by law to disclose the personal information; for fraud and crime prevention and investigation; or when the member specifically consents in writing to the use or disclosure.
f. IBL undertakes to take reasonable steps to ensure that member information is secure from any unauthorised access or disclosure.
- Access to and use of the IBL or GC website is subject to all applicable laws and is at the user’s own risk. The site and its contents may be incomplete and may contain faults or errors.
- Users of the IBL or GC website assume all risks associated with the website’s files and programs.
- Cookies may be used on some areas of our website. A cookie is a small file placed on a user’s hard drive which tracks website navigation. A user can refuse a cookie and still fully navigate our website.
- IBL reserves the right to make any changes at any time without prior notice and at IBL’s absolute discretion, to:
- The Terms and Conditions
- The Rewards Program
- Goods which are qualifying goods
- The basis on which Rewards Points are earned
b. Ice Box Liquor will use its best endeavours to give members reasonable notice of these changes by such means as IBL considers to be reasonable, including by email, to your email address as notified to IBL by you, or if no valid email address is held by IBL, by posting details of the changes on the iceboxliquor.com.au website, but will not be liable in any way to you if you do not receive such notice.
c. IBL reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Rewards Program at any time without prior notice. IBL will not be liable for the suspension or termination of the Rewards Program on any account whatsoever including (without Limitation) for any Rewards Points balance in a member’s account at the time of suspension or termination.
d. A notice shall be deemed to be given by IBL to a member if it is sent to the postal address or email address of the member, appearing in the IBL Rewards Program database.
e. It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Members of the Rewards Program may be asked to provide identification that proves that they are over 18 years of age. The IBL Rewards Program membership card does not constitute valid proof of age identification.
f. In these Terms and Conditions, the singular includes the plural and vice versa, and reference to any gender includes all other genders.
All information is true and correct at time of printing, September 2019.