- We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information by compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) set out in the Privacy Act 1988 and Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Bill 2012. This document sets out our policy for managing your personal information.
- This policy will commence from November 2018.
- Personal information is information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database) from which it is possible to determine your identity. Examples of personal information include your name, postal address, telephone number and email address.
- We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email, on an order form, on a membership form or through our web site; and from third parties, such as from our members, agents or contractors.
- Our website uses “cookies”. (If you do not wish to receive cookies, you must use an internet browser which is not configured to accept cookies.)
5. How we Use your Personal Information
- verify your identity;
- market products, services and special offers made available by us;
- administer and manage our web site and provide you with access to our web site;
- keep you informed of news and information;
- research and develop new competitions, programs, activities and other events;
- and improve our relationship with our customers
- If you do not wish to receive our emails, newsletters, publications and other communications, please advise us in writing (contact details are set out below). We will require parties to whom we disclose your personal information to keep the information confidential and not to use the information other than the purpose for which it is disclosed to them.
6. How we Store and Protect your Personal Information
- We store personal information in paper and/or in electronic form. The security of information is important to us and we will take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
- We employ security measures such as:
- confidentiality requirements of our employees and service providers;
- security measures for computer/data base system access;
- personal information is destroyed when it is no longer useful or it is unreliable and cannot be corrected.
- We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly.
- If you find that the personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- our member organisations and their members, who are involved in liquor and related product retailing in your state or territory;
- contractors that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf; and otherwise as required or authorised by law.
- Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you have the right to access your personal information. For security purposes, if you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, we require you to put your request in writing. If we do not allow you access to any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will tell you why. We will not charge you for lodging a request to access your personal information, but we may charge you for our reasonable costs in supplying you with access to this information.
10. How to Contact Us
The Privacy Officer
Ice Box Liquor
4 Ailsa Road
Broadmeadow, NSW 2292
Ice Box Liquor Pty Ltd
ABN 48 105 982 438
Last updated November 2018